Serving 14 of the global top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers across 15 countries.
As our biggest market sector Dortek has extensive experience in design, door specification, door – wall/panel interface, fire resistance, access control in pharmaceutical cleanrooms. We are regularly involved at the design stage on major pharmaceutical projects on issues of door specification and functionality.
Constant research and innovation ensure that our doors remain at the cutting edge of cleanroom technology.
Principal Application areas with Dortek Door and Frame Systems:
- Primary/Api Manufacture Facilities: GRP door systems often combined with pneumatic automations/interlocks by Dortek
- Secondary Manufacture/Tableting Facilities: With electrical automations/ interlocks
- Research Laboratories
- Life Sciences/Biotech: Cleanroom applications – with automations
- Animal Holding Facilities: Ideal for wash-down areas, kennels, personnel doors etc.
Our Pharmaceutical range of doors meets GMP/GLP requirements and are installed in FM approved facilities.
- Intrinsically hygienic – one piece moulded construction
- No un-hygienic dirt gathering ledges or lips
- In-organic core
- Built in colour – no expensive shutdown required to re-finish or re-paint the doors
- Flush vision panels, hinges, locks
- Will not harbour bacteria
- Cannot rot, rust or warp
Structural/ Weight Considerations
Compared with steel doors, Dortek GRP doors are up to 60% lighter therefore require minimal expensive structural framework into the wall/partition system to hang the doors. The steelwork required to hang heavier doors often causes plaster cracks to appear above the lintel/framework, causing issues in GMP/validation. Heavier doors also put additional wear on closers, hinges – doors dragging on ground etc requiring maintenance and repair.
Heavier doors can also be much harder for staff to operate particularly with trolleys/ in narrow corridors etc.
Because all Dortek doors, fire and non fire rated, hinged, sliding, acoustic, X ray etc all look identical and are manufactured in the same 40mm construction and colour, maintaining a uniform look in all the Dortek doors in the manufacturing / research.
Related Product Categories
- MF5 Hermetically sealed sliding door, xray shielded