Novartis (NSPM Pte.Ltd)
- Client Name
- Novartis (NSPM Pte.Ltd)
- Tuas, Singapore
- Door Number
- Additional Products
- Automations & Interlocking
Novartis is a multinational pharmaceutical company, based in Basel in Switzerland. The company has plants situated across the world but is developing a particularly strong presence in Asia, with its Asia Pacific HQ in Singapore. One of the latest additions to the Novartis group of facilities is a tabletting plant opened in October 2007 in the Tuas Biomedical Park in Singapore.
The new Greenfield facility has its own warehouse, utilities generation, QC labs and administration offices. To produce bulk and coated tablets, the process units include wet granulation, compression and coating.
The $180m state of the art manufacturing facility has been designed with LEAN manufacturing practices and systems. LEAN manufacturing is a method used to achieve reduction in overall production cycle times to speed product to market while ensuring good manufacturing practices from raw material to finished product.
The technical evaluation for our products was undertaken by the Novartis Senior Project Managers and the architect. Dortek was chosen to carry out the complete door package primarily for the following reasons:
- Our ability to supply and install hinged, sliding and ex proof doors complete with automations and interlocking, seamlessly reducing the need for co-ordination between different disciplines.
- The hygienic qualities and proven reliability of our doors and automations over traditional steel doors.
- Our door weighs much less than a steel door and is therefore much easier to operate and creates less wear on hinges, door closers and automations.
- Dortek’s previous track record with Novartis
- The ability of our doors and automations to deal with the specific room pressure differentials on this project.
The doors were delivered and installed in accordance with the construction programme and have been well received by the personnel using the facility.